After procrastinating and then writing my previous post, I went to do some editing on the sound project we have at university. I didn’t actually end up doing any real editing, just organising the project to make the process easier for me later on. The project is to rebuild all the sound in a scene from the movie The Descent (2005) with sound we’ve recorded and put together ourselves. Fascinating and challenging work. I love it.
After that… I watched James May’s Toy Stories and an episode of BBC’s Life series, which has inhumanly amazing photographers. I honestly don’t know how they do it.
Having some trouble getting the manpower we need for the documentary project. I need at least one – preferably two – more people to help me and Radim carry around shit and record the sound, since Norman seems to be unreachable. I tried calling my buddy Andy, but he’s going to Perth to celebrate his brother’s birthday! Pah!
We’ll fix this, though. I’m sure we will. *ahem*
Oh, and George wants me to do a writing workshop for 16-18 year-olds. Terrifying, as I hardly feel qualified, but I think I might be able to crack on with something.
Tomorrow I have to:
- Get a production assistant.
- Write a proposal for a writing workshop.
- Do some more sound editing? Possibly?
- Go to the lecture I’m completely unprepared for
- Go to meeting to decide on play for Am Dram society
- Addition: Get the photographs from documentary subject
- Addition: Get permission to film at Tesco and Oddbins
Wish me luck!